wcco.com – Laptop Fires Prompt Battery Recalls

Laptop Fires Prompt Battery Recalls
Image

David Schechter
Reporting

(WCCO) Nick Brown, 11, was playing on his Apple iBook laptop about one month ago when, like most children, he got distracted and left the room.

His mom, Cindy Brown, explains what happened next. “My husband and I were in the other room, heard a popping noise, came out and the room was filled with smoke,” she said.

Heat from the laptop, which was lying on the floor, had started melting the carpet. The Browns quickly carried it outside.

Oh shit. I have this laptop. đŸ˜›

Advertisements